Knights of the Sea II - Dates Announced - June 4 & 11

A place to talk about anything to do with Rise of Flight

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Knights of the Sea II - Dates Announced - June 4 & 11

Postby SYN_Skydance » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Silly question, but best to check.

When you have launched JSGME that you have the selected mods in the right hand side before launching RoF.
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Yes all 3 mods are on the right hand side and it says they have been activated.
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Skydance » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:59 pm

Have you selected "Mods On" on Rise of Flight?
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby cubancoverunner » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Yes, check in "Rise of Flight Settings" and make sure the "Mods On" check box is checked. When this is checked and you sign into rise of flight online, it will flash "mods on" in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Also, when you go into multiplayer, you will only see the "Cuban Syndicate Vintage Mission Server - Knights of the Sea II Test Mission" server and maybe one or two others, not the whole list that you normally see in "mods off" mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cubancoverunner

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Yes of course, how else would I even see a list of mods on servers. What I want to know is what mods does the syndicate vintage missions have vs what mods kots has. Both were listed in in the mods on server list, I am able to get into vintage missions but not kots. If I can narrow it down to a bad mod in my system maybe I can get somewhere.

Ps; I was able to do this in the past with no problem. I think something has changed with Windows 10 or my new system.
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby cubancoverunner » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Easy Mike, just trying to help :) I see the confusion now, the "vintage mission" server was in mods on mode by mistake. It shouldn't show up in there now, only the KOTS server. There are no mods that run on vintage mission server, only for KOTS.

Other than checking you don't have double directories inside the folder in your MODS folder, downloading the mods from the dropbox link again, and perhaps disabling and re-enabling all the mods, I'm not sure what else I can offer up to help. Maybe clear out everything in your \data\multiplayer\dogfight folder and try to connect again? I heard J5_Gamecock was struggling as well, but he had an old version of one of the mods, and even after correcting that, he had to go in and disable all the mods, then add the 3 back. As an IT professional I can tell you, Windows 10 is no fun, in my opinion. However, I know there are lots of people who run ROF with it, just not me :) Anyways, good luck, hope you can get her going.
cubancoverunner

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:27 pm

So, I've deleted the mods and redownloaded and downloaded new copies into the MODS folder in the game. I noticed however that when I start JSGME it does not automatically find the mods. I have to import them from the game. Is this normal?

PS Sorry for the snarkiness yesterday, I'm becoming a bit exasperated with all of this! It used to be a snap to install mods and I can't figure out what changed.
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby cubancoverunner » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:37 pm

lol no worries at all :) As I understand it, JSGME "looks" in a folder named MODS that is in your Rise of Flight folder. Any mods you put in that MODS folder should be available as a choice to select when you launch JSGME. I think I'm confused as to what you mean "import them from the game". Whichever mods you've copied into that Rise of Flight\MODS folder should show up on the left side of the JSGME pane, then you pick the ones you want to activate and they move over to the right pane. Critically important however that the mods you download and then unzip (extract, uncompress, etc) don't have a second folder inside the first. If there are double directories, JSGME will still see it and will act like it loads and activates the mod, only in reality it does not. Skydance explained this better than me in a previous post I think.
cubancoverunner

Postby cubancoverunner » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:42 pm

SYN_Skydance wrote:
But double check that inside your "Mods" folder that you have the following yellow folders;
KOTS
ShipPackage1_v2(SYN)
Tripitz_Battery_Objects_v1.0

You may have others such as soldiers package and Arras Sector etc

If you double click one of the yellow folders e.g. KOTS it should have a yellow "data" folder and a JSGME File e.g. In this case "KOTS.jsgme"

Make sure it not another yellow "KOTS" folder instead of the two above.

To summarise the yellow "data" folder and a JSGME File should be in a similar path to this

....Program Files (x86)/Rise of Flight/MODS/KOTS

And not this

....Program Files (x86)/Rise of Flight/MODS/KOTS/KOTS
cubancoverunner

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Mike, we really do feel your pain, we've all been on the short end of an IT problem like this.

In the end, I have a feeling it is going to be a really simple solution to get you playing again, unfortunately we just can't see it remotely. I'm wondering if maybe it is your unpacking utility, 7zip or ...? Also, trying activating the mods with JSGME one at a time, start RoF, then add another. Nobody else mentioned havng incompatibilities, but who knows, often mod loading order has a significant effect in other games.

Good luck, get on TS early tomorrow and hopefully we'll get you in the cockpit for KotS
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to Lobby