Knights of the Sea II - Dates Announced - June 4 & 11

A place to talk about anything to do with Rise of Flight

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Knights of the Sea II - Dates Announced - June 4 & 11

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Also, beware, there apparently is a tiny 5 mb update from 777...
https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/50780-thanks-update-777/
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:43 pm

Jsgme is not finding the mods in the RoF MODS folder. But if I hit the task button in JSGME and import those mods in then they show up. It lets me move them to the right hand (installed) side but then when I try to load up the game it can't find files. I think there is a problem either with the way I install JSGME or with the unzipping of the mods into the MODS folder in RoF.

Here is a sample of the address of a mod as I have it installed:

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\MODS\KOTS
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby cubancoverunner » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Hmmm....not sure where to go next. Maybe a bad version of JSGME? Mine is version 2.6.0.157

I had to manually create a MODS folder in my Rise of Flight directory. Your path looks good to me. Maybe try this....unzip the mods into another folder, example: C:\New Folder

Once you unzip the mods into that folder, make sure each one of those has just the title, example: ShipsPackage1_v2(SYN) and not another folder named the same inside of that folder. Once you determine that, copy those into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight\MODS folder (or whatever your ROF path is). Then try to fire up JSGME and see if it sees the mods. Also, maybe try moving the application file (JSGME.exe) into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight folder. I don't know that it makes a difference where your jsgme.exe program file lives, but mine is in the that ROF folder.
cubancoverunner

Postby cubancoverunner » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:47 pm

cubancoverunner

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:58 am

Ok, thanks! I'll give it a try.
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:37 pm

when I click on the link it says this folder is empty. Nothing downloads when I hit download.

The version I am using is from the RoF home page. I believe it is version 2.60
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Just in case anyone has this problem in the future, the solution that Bandy came up with (thanks mate!) was simply to run RoF as Administrator. Then everything worked without a hitch. I think it took all of 2 minutes after that one small change.
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby cubancoverunner » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Big thanks and salute to all who came out for the event! It was a great time indeed with some good fights, great missions and some fierce but friendly competition :) The first mission, June 4th saw the completion of the Gotha England bomber raid and the complete destruction of Harwich Harbor's fuel storage facilities and ships. Wrongway Feldman navigated the flight in complete darkness for 90min over the English Channel / North Sea with a 5m/s crosswind and we emerged directly lined up on the bombing target, quite the feat of navigation. A second wave of Gothas destroyed the ships in Harwich Harbor. Entente fought back hard but Central powers carried the day on mission 1.

Mission 2 on June 11th also saw some intense action in the skies above the Channel. The German navy paid a heavy price in minesweepers and u-boats, but managed to defend their land targets very well with intense fighter cover. Entente forces were able to chalk up a victory for mission 2, with 5 objectives completed to the Central powers' 3, but it was hard going the whole way.

There definitely seems to be enough interest to keep this campaign in the rotation, so stay tuned for Knights of the Sea III perhaps sometime late 2017. Big thanks again as well to SYN_Waxworks and all the SYN crew for making this campaign available again to the community.

For all who couldn't make it, we hope to see you in the skies for the next one, as well as the regular Sunday Vintage Mission which will be returning this Sunday as usual. Happy hunting all, S!
cubancoverunner

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 am

Thank you for your continuing efforts to the RoF community.

S!
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Skydance » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:28 pm

All the hard work that was put in by all, that made this event what is was, was much appreciated.

~S~
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Previous

Return to Lobby