ROF Server Issues?

A place to talk about anything to do with Rise of Flight

Moderator: SYN Exec

ROF Server Issues?

Postby WWGeezer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:07 am

We still run Mods Off missions every so often with the Old Fokkers and WingWalkers and this week we hit some real strange behavior on the server. Can't see any other planes, can't see any live objects. Static objects only. We shut down the server and restarted and got this error message

we flew a few weeks ago after the small update and had no issues

Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WWGeezer

Re: ROF Server Issues?

Postby WWGeezer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:07 am

same message regardless if I join mods on or mods off
WWGeezer

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:26 pm

I've never seen such a message I'm afraid! I figured, even if you putin modded files, in " Mods off" it will simply disregard the files???
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Speck » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:49 pm

Don't know if this helps, since you said you have successfully run missions since the update. But, that is the error message that appears if you try to run an install that is not up-to-date. The phrasing of the error message is misleading, as it seems to indicate the problem has to do with mods, but that is not necessarily the case.

Maybe double check that the server has been updated, run settings.exe on the server install and update it? And if that doesn't take care of it, try a "recovery."

(Caveat, I don't know much about running a server, but I believe it has its own install. Your server may have been running fine without the update as long as it did not have to restart, but the restart alerted the ROF master server that it was not up to date and triggered the error?)
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby WWGeezer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Thanks guys very helpful
WWGeezer

Postby SYN_Speck » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Did you get the problem solved?
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Return to Lobby