NVIDIA Settings for RoF by: Bandy and Jedders

A place to talk about anything to do with Rise of Flight

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: TAKE NOTE! Those with nVIDIA cards...

Postby SYN_Mars » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Re: Bandy - not sure I understand you there. All I was trying to point out was that NV inspector and the CP are editing the same profile. Changes made using inspector will show up in CP for the edited profile (providing that the change made in inspector is one of those available in CP. The purpose of inspector is to allow access to functionality hidden in the CP such as Sparsegrid supersampling). I think the issue with aniso opt drop down is a bug in the CP.

@ Morris/Vorlander - I have a 690 (I'm a git I know) so SLI performance should be the same as yours. What settings are you running currently? I'm running 301.42 WHQL as they work best with the 690 and have have set the following using inspector as it reduces microstutter (default is SFR2 which I found very microstuttery and depending on the driver version causes flashing textures):

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Mars
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Tbh I always try and ignore other ppls settings. If you look at just how many different settings Mars has compared to mine its why I was never able to get it running right. There are so many variables it just gets confusing and these threads get huge with different configs, some helping some ppl, some not.

All Bandy was trying to do (and why I didnt do it tbh) was to show default settings in the most part with some minor tweaks that really help nvidia users get a nice performance/eyecandy balance.

I congratulate you for trying, Bandy. :)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi Mars,

I hadn't thought about that, you might be able to do everything within one of these driver managers. If you can wrap your noddle around it and figure it out, please let us know.

And yes, you are a git :twisted: Here I thought you were system slumming it like the rest of us poor sods. :lol:

No wonder you're flying all the time...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mars » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 pm

As to flying most of the time, i'm mostly testing graphics settings!

Note there was no criticism intended from me for Bandys valiant attempt at explaining the mysteries of nvidia configuration!
SYN_Mars
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:07 pm

After getting some PM's from people who couldn't view our forum (why the hell would that be?) I made a PDF of the settings recommendations.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?psq20fzuaa8csba

To view, click on MediaFire link and best to save the doc to your desktop and reopen, because Mediafire has a glitch in its online PDF reader, some letters run together/overlap. :cry:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Re: NVIDIA Settings for RoF by: Bandy and Jedders

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:01 pm

I think you have posted some images as images and others as attachments, you need to be logged in and registered to see/download attachments, we have a finite download limit per month so it makes sense that all the bots in the world don't come and pinch our bandwidth.

Anyone can register, the advantage is you can post and see attachments.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:41 am

I've noticed my skin textures are pixelated where they weren't before adjustment. This has something to do with Anisotropic filter, right? (Not the bad one, I know that...), but it is not being resolved by the x8 regular AF in RoF. Any advice appreciated.

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 am

What you are seeing is the thread of the fabric.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 pm

It was always there, and has something to do with the scale of the skin, and the size of the wings. If you skin with a single colour, you should not see it, but the weathering layer may produce this as well...

Try it in the skin preview thingy, you will see the same.
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 pm

You fellows are talking about the diagonal lines, I mean the squares of color, the blocks/pixels of brown below. I do not remember them before. It looks like an old 8 bit color image from Paint.

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to Lobby