NVIDIA Settings for RoF by: Bandy and Jedders

A place to talk about anything to do with Rise of Flight

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: NVIDIA Settings for RoF by: Bandy and Jedders

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm

That was what I was talking about, it has been there since the early days.

Check the skin filesize, is it 2048x2048 ? You will always have those pixels, and sometimes they are more apparent due to lighting conditions.
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 pm

OK, apologies, we were talking about the same thing.

Now, if I remember correctly, this pixelation also has something to do with the devs switch to that other skin file format that supposedly improved performance, but at what cost. When was that, earlier this year? I did notice the switch at that time, and the unfortunate loss of quality... :???:

Perhaps this was a skin I had never flown with before (it was server locked), I usually take the AFC SE5a skin, the one with the Y on the fuselage, which is a lovely skin BTW...

I should get around to Photoshoping a SYN_skin for myself, eh? :cool:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Every plane has a SYN skin already...
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:20 pm

SYN_Jedders wrote:Every plane has a SYN skin already...

only the flying boats remain ;)
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vorlander » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Salute Bandy,

Thanx for the great info.

A flying boat with SYN logo on it! Still need to kill that plane. :grin:
SYN_Vorlander
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:35 pm

We only use them for ferrying jam :)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:08 pm

It is a popular flight among our squadron, the jam run is.
Now, who isn't fond of jam... :grin:

jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam,
jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam,
jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam, jam...
whew, and I types all of those in... :lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby Allons » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:21 am

Hi all, the suggestions about downsampling helped a lot, i know it already from CloD. In RoF i switched a little between your suggested resolution and 2880x1620 and found 2880x1620 for my Phantom 560Ti 2GB the best. Its really a diference imo. Thx for this thread, Best, Stab/ZG26-Allons!
Allons

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:59 am

Glad that was of help for you Allons and welcome to the forum :smile:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby Allons » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Thx Blackrat, what i couldnt find was a link to a TS server where i could find you guys (have to admit i´m just for 10 min here :) )

Best, Allons!
Allons

PreviousNext

Return to Lobby