new update:

A place to talk about anything to do with Rise of Flight

Moderator: SYN Exec

new update:

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Sat May 25, 2013 5:28 pm

I somehow missed the F.E. 2b news, and you might have as well :P

http://riseofflight.com/BLOGS/post/2013/05/23/4-years-since-the-release-of-Rise-of-Flight.aspx

SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Re: new update:

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sat May 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Nice ey..it's a shame they are celebrating with pre-order anouncements and not with the release of two planes.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun May 26, 2013 9:55 am

Yes, Kol's thread subject can be misleading Wolfie...

RE: FE2 If one suffers from 'crawling ants' on the structural wires, then this bus is going to drive you crazy :shock:

Also, devs depict a duel Lewis in a scarf mount 'turret' configuration. As one poster mentioned, there was only one of those ever made and never saw combat. :roll:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Matthias » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Ah but we know the "one off" argument has never deterred them before - easy ex. the "wastebin on the wing" Felixstowe. I'm sure they'll have the non modded version with a single lewis.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
SYN_Matthias

Postby SYN_Jedders » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Update rolled out today!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:31 pm

You know we never had a chance to beta test it... Don't blame us...

Can we quickly throw a Sept 1916 server mission together? Maybe line up EIII's, DII's, Rolands vs. Fee's, DH2's, and N17's... :grin:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:22 am

SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:53 am

SYN_Bandy wrote:You know we never had a chance to beta test it... Don't blame us...

Can we quickly throw a Sept 1916 server mission together? Maybe line up EIII's, DII's, Rolands vs. Fee's, DH2's, and N17's... :grin:

Ah well, you can blame me then. I tested climb performance and level speeds. The climb performance was accurate according to the store figures. The horizontal speeds from the store page I was never able to achieve. All in all, the aircraft performs very much as described here: http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/projects ... ying-fe-2b

"Lift off takes place just as the airspeed indicator comes alive at 40 MPH and the speed increases easily to the best rate of climb speed of 55-60 MPH. The rate of climb isn’t very impressive at only 300 feet per minute. "

Luckily "our" Fe2b performs slightly better than this, but it still is awefully slow.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:32 am

SYN_Vander wrote:Ah well, you can blame me then. I tested climb performance and level speeds. ... Luckily "our" Fe2b performs slightly better than this, but it still is awefully slow.

Thanks for reply Vander, you bastard... :grin:

Do you know what engine it has, what version the Fee is? Would be lovely to have at least two versions to span more years of the war... :cool:

What do you guys think of the two-Lewis weapons mod? :roll: I'm going to boycott this one, though given the performance of this beast, it likely will be needed.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:50 pm

The weaponmod with two Lewis machine guns give you no option to fire backwards (with the one gun it's also almost impossible). The Fe2b is a big plane and slow, so it shouldn't be too hard stay behind it? Let's fly it first and see how good/bad it is.. :)
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to Lobby