Coop corner

A place to talk about anything to do with Rise of Flight

Moderator: SYN Exec

Coop corner

Postby SYN_Speck » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Don't know how many of you know about this. Obviously a few of us do.

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=347&t=38007&start=200

I think I might jump on in an hour or so (Saturday 1800 UTC) & see if anyone is around.. Hope to see some of you there (though not holding my breath on that one, I know Saturday is not a big day for SYN).

Oh and there's also this thread: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=38199 Serving as more of an impromptu "lobby" I guess.
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Re: Coop corner

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:39 pm

It didn't turn out too bad on Saturday all things considered. Speck, Koll, and I were on for a few missions, and joined by at least a dozen or so off and on.
Many came and went because they didn't know how it worked and were frustrated. Many weren't on TS, which made it even more frustrating trying to explain. :lol:

Hope it takes off, it was quite fun. Good missions mostly, but limited player numbers and limited scope.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Speck » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Also some expressed frustration that the regular server wasn't up. Don't we have the capacity to run the regular server and a second one for coops (or whatever else)?
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:49 pm

I am not too sure if both can run at the same time (CPU power; memory and connection should be fine), only way of course is to try it. There is only 1 instance of RoF installed ATM, so we will have to do some back office tidying before we can test it.
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Speck » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:23 pm

OK, well it doesn't matter to me, I'd honestly rather do coops anyhow, so long as there are enough other people to do them with. But I'd hate to monkey with the popularity of our regular server. Dunno if it's a coincidence, but Sunday's VM was the most underpopulated I've ever seen (I don't think we ever got to double digits in the server!)
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Sunday was BBQ weather in the whole of Europe and mid July as well... But single digits are not good...
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:56 pm

I am in France atm, but i will definitely make time on a future saturday. Sounds good.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Speck » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:15 am

Cool.. keep posting here, and/or in the thread linked above on ROF forum, if there are plans to get coops going. The population interested in doing it is small enough, I think it will help to plan ahead a bit where possible. Maybe forum threads can, to some degree, take the place of the Hyperlobby we don't have.

Not sure yet whether I'll be around this Sat or not. Apparently there was one on tonight (http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=349&t=38262) but I missed it as I was just getting done fishing then :)
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Return to Lobby