Your ships and outfit

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Your ships and outfit

Postby SYN_Per » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:16 am

They fekked up my Asp and the powersupply. Every time I interdict I now come out with damage and oxygene depleted. Weird and annoying. And veeeeery expensive. :evil:
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:23 am

Vander you can also try out the rail gun. It is very effective against shields and the hull
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:30 am

Yep, I hope they sort these issues out, I cannot believe they released this update, in the Beta testing forums most if not all these bugs were highlighted by the testers, I thought beta was slated for 2 weeks but they rushed it out in two.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:12 am

Had the same thing with power supply. Suddenly I don't have enough power for my weapons, while before it was okay. I had to disable one before I could engage :(.

The rail gun is pretty good, I took out a Sidewinder with one burst when I first tried them! Yesterday it was not as easy. Maybe they nerfed them with the latest patch? Or do I need to get in really close???
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:49 am

A couple outsider questions for the experts:

With all the mention of 'nerfing' this or that, was there reason to do so, such as tweaking the combat balancing and thus changing the rate of progression? Or was it pretty good before? Don't need to say that anything will get boring if too easy...

How does Elite handle the death or your character?

Are they going to wipe your progression, or is this a complete release?

Screenshot of your clipper Blackie! Are you fellows naming your ships??? :cool:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:49 am

SYN_Vander wrote:Had the same thing with power supply. Suddenly I don't have enough power for my weapons, while before it was okay. I had to disable one before I could engage :(.

The rail gun is pretty good, I took out a Sidewinder with one burst when I first tried them! Yesterday it was not as easy. Maybe they nerfed them with the latest patch? Or do I need to get in really close???

I think shield cell banks now take up more energy, they were nerfed as it was definitely affecting balance when you could fit 3 or 4 on your ship for excessive tanking.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:04 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:A couple outsider questions for the experts:

With all the mention of 'nerfing' this or that, was there reason to do so, such as tweaking the combat balancing and thus changing the rate of progression? Or was it pretty good before? Don't need to say that anything will get boring if too easy...

How does Elite handle the death or your character?

Are they going to wipe your progression, or is this a complete release?

Screenshot of your clipper Blackie! Are you fellows naming your ships??? :cool:

Yes, balancing and in most cases it was needed, we had cheap Vipers (cutter size) taking out the largest ship known in 2 minutes, also PvP was affected, also they want to introduce heat management so you cannot just keep firing energy weapons without heat build up. Some NPC stuff was too easy for sure.

There is no death, you are re-lifed back at the last station you docked at, BUT, you have lost your ship and cargo plus any bounties you collected, along with failing any missions outstanding which has implications on your standing with faction for whom you are running missions.

HOWEVER, :grin: , the pilots federation insures your ship for you which is included in the purchase price but currently not your cargo, BUT, :lol: there is an excess on the insurance to pay of 5% (value of ship and all fittings) for standard owners (slightly less for Kickstarters and beta backers) so you need to have the credits available to pay this excess, there is a loan facility but only a max of 200k credits. you can tweak the excess by not buying back all your fitting to keep the cost down, but generally your fittings are what pushes the price up anyway.

So many tales of woe on the forums about people blowing up and losing millions because they got greedy and didn't hold back enough credits for the Excess, the amount of which, is clearly shown on one of your displays.

The game was released on 16th Dec last year so no more wipes, the beta was just for the 1.1 release. Loving the complications and calculating needed to progress to either a better ship, or fittings or even to rank up through factions, gameplay I hope will start picking up soon, I haven't even thought about open play, too many tales of griefing and hacking to entice me there just yet, although where I am I doubt I would see anyone.

Would love to give a screenie, but there is no 3rd person view in the game, you are stuck in the cockpit, so the only way is to get someone else to fly with you, no naming, its just a work horse, although it is very sweet to fly definitely the first ship I have enjoyed flying.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Imperial Clipper! (I don't have it though!)

SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:51 pm

"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:19 pm

The first clip is a bit dated now, they have made some changes since Beta, fe. max cargo is 248 now if you drop the shield down a class. But it really does feel luxurious on the bridge, it feels big too from the view point but not the handling.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Elite: Dangerous