New theatre and dev plan

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: New theatre and dev plan

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:31 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:
The Med had carriers (RAF) lots of land and sea action in varied terrain (Morocco to Sicily to Crete to Egypt) so mountains, coast, islands, desert. ... It could be very diverse. Just saying, with hope, one day...

Don't forget goats, there are more goats in the Med then anywhere else :lol:
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:15 pm

And who can forget Goat Simulator? I think it got its start as a side project of a flight sim, now look at it!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/463720/

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Speck » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:05 am

Nice to see this little tidbit:

We also still love ROF and I hope at some point we can bring ROF to the new engine and re-release it as a new title with some more planes. I just don't have a way to do that yet and can't make any sort of promise. ROF players will probably be mad at me, but ROF is still an AMAZING sim and in some ways is still better than the current IL-2. I'll keep trying.

I'll add that I'm happy with the Kuban plan. It's a nice planeset, and some interesting terrain to fly over (and crash into.) The Pacific, not quite as interesting to me personally... But to each his own. I'll still fly it when it is released. Hopefully we will get some maps with something to look at besides wide expanses of water, for example New Guinea and Guadalcanal are pretty interesting...
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:46 am

"New Guinea and Guadalcanal are pretty interesting..."- I agree those are some of the "best" Pacific areas to model imho.
Don't get me wrong, I really like carrier ops and the whole Pacific thang. But remembering the past I can't really figure out why people are so hot and heavy for it. As I recall, back in the day on Battle-fields server, when Pacific maps came around the rotation, the servers would empty out. Spit's v 109's always seemed to have at least twice the population over zeke's vs. wildcats. If that's any guide to the future, I don't know. But do you think the community has changed that much in the last 5-10 years?(i don't)
None of this really bothers me, cause I'm happy with the "product" and will be supporting it. I just worry it(BoMidway) won't be the big hit they want/need it to be.

I also liked that RoF statement. I hope they make that workout in time.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:29 pm

Jason expanded on one new aspect of multiplayer development that we as a group might find interesting:

5. Can you explain in more detail about Air Marshall and Field Marshall modes for MP? Will it be available only in multiplayer?
It is indeed an MP only feature. It is so the battles can be more closely managed and have some organization which I think will boost MP participation. Part of the problem of current MP is too many lone wolves, not enough squad action and too hard to find targets without labels on. Also, there is no human air traffic control, no human GCI, no new vectors given to players once in air, no recon reports to paint a picture of the battle like in real life. There are some really talented community members with real life military comms experience that could make MP battles much more fun by giving orders to squads of planes or tanks. The information given to the Marshall will be based on real-life limitations like visual ranges etc. This will not be a screen with massive amounts of information. For instance, if recon unit destroyed, Marshall loses that info. Having a good Marshall on your team is another factor that can lead to victory. And the Marshall screen will be optional for server operators. I think it will be popular though. I'll try to explain it in better detail a little later on.

I can't decide if we would have trouble finding someone to be the "Air Marshal" or if we would have to wait in line to take our turn? :lol:
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:10 pm

I cant wait, personally :P
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:47 am

Sounds all good to me! I think Kuban will be fun and I'm really looking forward to some pacific action. The good thing about a map with just a few islands is that you can make the terrain much more detailed/realistic than a few thousand square miles of Russian landscape. And I just love to dive-bomb and skip-bomb ships!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:38 am

Especially ships that you've modeled and textured; you know all the weak spots...

:grin:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:58 am

That sounds great. I hope this will bring me back to that SIM. :wink: I don't like the current scenario.
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Previous

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad